Tips on Electrical Safety During Renovations
Thinking of a full home makeover ? Or maybe just a few renovations here and there. They both are tiring task as you need to take some essential safety precautions. Always keep in mind the importance of being safe from electrical hazards.
Understand the following electrical safety tips to make sure your next renovation project is free from electrical hazards.
1. A. Keep the work area dry and moist- free : During renovating the electrical appliances and wiring system, you must keep the work area moist free and dry as you already know that how dangerous is the combination of water and electricity. If you accidentally spilled the water on the floor, you need to separate all the electrical devices nearby and quickly mob the area to avoid a dangerous accident. You should not touch electrical appliances with your wet hands as it can be hazards to your life.
2. Change the faulty wires : While renovating your home, you might notice faulty and old wires. You must know that it is a serious issue as it can cause nasty and aggravating events. Make sure you get rid of these old or damaged wires with the finest electrical wires. Do not do it yourself. Take help from a licensed technician and replace them ASAP. It can result in severe injury, fire and death.
3. Install Outlets : If you are planning to construct new rooms in your home, you have to install some more outlets. Take the help of a professional electrician to fix all electrical issues. If you overlook these issues, it can be a threat to your life, pets or your children. Consider it as an essential part of your renovation process.
4. Lighting system & Heating system : In the course of the renovation the lighting system must be fitted safely especially in the bathroom. The showers fitted in the bathroom can cause severe hazards as the water came in contact with these lights.
Also, the heating system installed in the kitchen area, bedroom and bathroom must be wired permanently by taking the help of a trained electrician. Keep all the electrical devices at a safe distance from the kitchen and washrooms.
5. Accurate Power supply : Power supply must be accurately regulated in all area of your home. If not, you can overload the already existing sockets to keep your devices in use. There is a certain limitation in each power sockets. You must know the limitation to impede electrical shock or electric hazard. This has raised the need for a power upgrade to manage the enhanced power needs.
6. Inspect the hidden problems in the electrical cables : Do not rush for the home renovation process. Make sure you inspect the electrical cable to identify the hidden electrical hazards. It may need the replacement of the entire wiring system on time. This diminishes the chance of serious hazards.
7. Avoid DIY and hire an electrician: Although there is some electric task that can be performed easily. But they are as simple as they looked. Thus, you must understand the complication of the work. You need to hire an electrician who is reliable, trained, experienced and trustworthy electrician. It will protect your property and saves valuable time and money.
Hire Abba Electrical professional for your next renovation project! Our team is committed to bringing the best out of your renovation project. We will provide the assistance in minimizing the risk of future electric hazard.
Give us a call now at 0402909686!